We are sharing more about fatigue and strategies on how you can beat it.
What is fatigue? A state of physical or mental weariness that results in reduced alertness.
- May be due to a lack of adequate sleep which could result in a sleep debt.
- A sleep debt that accumulates until paid off with adequate sleep.
- Transient Fatigue
Extreme sleep restriction or extended hours awake within 1 or 2 days
- Cumulative Fatigue
Repeated mild sleep restriction or extended hours awake across a series of days
- Circadian Fatigue
Reduced performance during night time hours
Possible Effects of Fatigue
- Lowers work performance and increases risk of accidents and injury
- Impairs concentration, reasoning, problem-solving, and memory
- Stress, anxiety, low moods, and irritability
- Health issues – cardiovascular diseases gastrointestinal problems, sex drive, reproductive issues, weight gain and premature aging.
- Making sleep your priority
- Keep a regular sleep schedule
- Maintain good sleep hygiene
- Cut down the usage of electronic devices at night
- Avoid heavy meals and caffeine before bedtime
- Fix your breathing and sleep disorders
- Regular Exercises During The Day Or In Early Evening
- fall asleep faster
- improves sleep quality
- less daytime sleepiness
E.g. brisk walking, swimming, and stretching exercises
- Have A Healthy Balanced Diet
- Keeps your blood sugar in a normal range and prevents that sluggish feeling during a dip
- Take protein and complex carbs for sustained energy
- Stay hydrated and avoid caffeinated drinks
- Stress Management
- Stress can be demanding and exhausting for the body
- Use relaxation techniques to relieve stress and rejuvenate
E.g. Progressive Muscle Relaxation, Diaphragmic Breathing, Yoga, and Guided Imagery
With love, from all of us @ Okay to Chat